2018 was an exceptional growth year for the United States’ sales of organic foods. Despite the fact that organic products have existed in the canned foods and ready to eat industry for decades, their presence in the market has remarkably increased in the past few years. Considering the stable increment in sales volume that this type of canned products has experienced in the organic sector, they have left behind the category of young movement and are now claiming their own niche in the sector.
- In the United States the sales revenue of the organic sector, surpassed 50 billion dollars in 2018; around 42% of global consumption. Sales volume keeps increasing at a historic rate of 4% annually and shows no signs of stopping.
- The sales of Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) category also experienced a great increment of almost 9% in 2018, overtaking the 21billion dollar turnover of the previous year.
- Research estimates point to a possible doubling of organic products’ sales in the years 2020 -2025.
- A recent survey conducted by the company Earthbound farm, pointed out that Millennials and Hispanics are the main demographic groups that participate in the organic products market.
- On their behalf, the U.S Department of Agriculture published on February 11th 2019 a report titled; U.S Organic food Exporters Set to Double Sales to EU, revealing the expectations they have for their producers this year. This article also anticipated that the sales to the EU-28 of their products will double the figures reached in the previous tax year.
- Finally, given the thirst for organic products in the US market and the promising growth prospects of this sector; the next edition of BIOFACH ANERICA – Baltimore 12-14 Sept. 2019 – Presents an excellent opportunity to get to know the US organic niche more closely.
Our consultancy firm is specialized in opening markets in the United States through our U.S and other international offices. The ecological food industry represents a unique opportunity for all organic food producers. If you wish to export your products to the United States do not hesitate to contact us.
Júlia Farré: email@example.com